Using PDF for context-sensitive help

Johnson, Jennifer Jennifer.Johnson at Hypertherm.com
Fri Jan 4 13:10:37 PST 2013

Hi Robert,

We tried that and the named destination came through as
M8.newlink.helpid. We could find no good way to scrub the "M8.newlink."
out of the named destination without a 3rd party tool.

Jennifer

-----Original Message-----
From: robert.lauriston at gmail.com [mailto:robert.lauriston at gmail.com] On
Behalf Of Robert Lauriston
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2013 3:20 PM
To: Johnson, Jennifer; framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Using PDF for context-sensitive help

I believe that pdfmark text frame approach was an old kludge to work
around the lack of a direct way to specify a named destination in
FrameMaker.

Current best practice is to insert a Hypertext marker with the Specify
Named Destination (newlink <linkname>) option.

Jennifer's source was apparently generating named destinations in
FrameMaker 7, so she should not have to do anything to make it work with
FrameMaker 9 other than adjust her PDF settings.