Make files open in correct version

Karen Robbins karendesign at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 12:21:48 PST 2013

I recently moved from Frame 9 to 11. I updated several files in v11.
However, when I double-click to open any of them, they attempt to open in
v9, fail, and display this error message: "Although [file path and name]
appears to be a FrameMaker document, it can't be opened with this release
of the product." This happens even though v11 is open at the time.

How can I convince these files that they're now v11 files--so I don't have
to File -> Open -> Scroll -> Select -> Click "Open" for each one?

Thanks,

Karen