TCS Frame to Robo Cross Refs: Conversion Unpredictable

Alexandra Duffy ADuffy at vectorworks.net
Wed Jan 16 11:52:50 PST 2013

Hello Keith,
Yes, I have the same problem. This is a new problem in TCS 4 that did not exist in TCS3.
Alan Houser posted the same observation on the TCS-users list last year. He said he noticed that if the target was after the x-ref, the conversion was correct, but if the target was earlier in the documentation set than the x-ref, the page number was incorrectly included in RH.
I did a test and found the same. I posted a bug to Adobe back in AUGUST and I heard from a RH engineer. He requested a sample project showing the problem, and I complied.  I keep thinking, any day now, there will be a RH update and this will be fixed, but not yet!
My workaround is to change all FrameMaker x-refs to <$paratext> before linking to RH. This is fast enough to do by importing x-ref formats to all chapters, but sometimes I forget and have to regenerate the whole project again.
Alexandra