Word count at the .book level? (FM11)

Mary Sheahan mhs_tw at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 06:17:02 PST 2013

Greetings all,

We will be providing word counts for future documents. I know how to do a wordcount inside an .FM file with the Document Reports Utility -- but is there a way to do the same across an entire .BOOK file?

We don't have access to FrameScript....in the past we couldn't even get funding for plug-ins from Silicon Prairie Software, but so far their readability add-on is the only thing I can spot.

(Side rant: this is why I've been off the list for so many years -- my department has been lagging so far behind the editions that I didn't have much to offer. We're finally at FM11...and I won't let myself get started on the age of my RoboHelp...)

Thanks and see you online,
MaryHS