The "Zapfdingbats" Font Family is not available. (Was: Updating older versions of Adobe fonts? Slightly off-topic, but related in a way!)

Simon BUCH simon.buch at m-ais.com
Mon Jan 21 01:16:28 PST 2013

Dear Craig,

I experienced this same issue as my company's product reads in *alot* of
XML content, and one of the customers panics whenever they see _any_
FrameMaker 'console' messages.

The mapping appears to be made in an entity formats document:
     "C:\Program Files\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker10\Structure\entfmts"
which has a rather historic comment that "FrameMaker+SGML copies
character formats and user variables from this file while importing
SDATA entities from SGML documents".

This isn't the first occurrence of where Adobe ships files that
reference fonts that are no longer supplied, and probably won't be the last.

// Simon BUCH