comprehensive list of causes of blank pages?

Harro de Jong Harro.deJong at triviewgroup.com
Tue Jan 22 01:41:53 PST 2013

Dunno if this is comprehensive, but at least it's a start.

Blank pages at any position:
- Manual page break
- Page break in paragraph format or as paragraph override, or start: top of page setting
- Table or graphic frame anchors (set to 'below current line', if the table/figure is large enough that the table and anchor, plus any paragraphs with 'keep with next' settings above the anchor, don't fit on the page)
- tables/graphic frames that are too large to fit on a page
- Tables with too-greedy Keep with next/previous settings
- Tables with straddled columns
- pages with disconnected text frames (or no body text frame at all)

Blank pages at the start or end of a chapter:
- rightclick chapter in book->Pagination->Make page count odd/even (can add empty page at end of chapter)
- rightclick chapter in book->Pagination-> 1st page side (can add empty page at start of chapter)
- Page break in paragraph format or as paragraph override, or start: top of page setting

Kind regards,

Harro de Jong
Technical Writer

Triview Technical Communication

Head Office: Nieuweweg 91b, 3765GC Soest, The Netherlands
UK Office: 11 Tamworth Road, Staffordshire WS14 9EY, Lichfield - UK

Phone: +31 (0)35 602 9696  (menu 221) | Mobile: 06 5473 4783