Finding overrides in Framemaker files

Tammy Van Boening tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com
Tue Jan 22 12:13:11 PST 2013

Framemaker 10, all patched, Win 7, 64 bit.

I have a Framemaker book that contains 8 chapter files. I know that
overrides to paragraph styles in a file are marked with an asterisk in the
Information Bar at the bottom of the file. I am producing OLH for a client
using a 15 year old technology (Sun JavaHelp) and I don't have an option to
change that right now. In the tool that I use, ePublisher, reports are
generated including a Styles report that specifically lists all paragraph
tags that have an override to them. This report, however, is not available
for a Sun JavaHelp output for many reasons but I still need to be able to
find overrides in the Framemaker source files. Is there a script that is
available to do this, or is there a way to use FM's functionality that I am
not aware of to do this?

Thanks,

TVB