Finding overrides in Framemaker files

Tue Jan 22 14:10:51 PST 2013

Writer wrote:

> FM also provides the ability to search for character/paragraph/table format
> overrides in the Find/Change dialog box (that is, CTRL + F). Those options are
> at the bottom of the Find list.
>
> Richard, do those tools provide something extra to the FM functionality?

Although I have TCS 3 and have used FM 10 for a few tasks, my primary tool is still FM 7.2. I hadn't even noticed those new options in the Find list. That's nice, thanks for pointing it out.

But the Silicon Prairie tools offer significantly more functionality and IMO are well worth the modest cost. Check out the brief descriptions here:

http://www.siliconprairiesoftware.com/Products.html

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.