Finding overrides in Framemaker files

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 22 13:09:12 PST 2013

Tammy, In FM 10 (and 11) you can use the find/change function by selecting  Find > Paragraph Format Override from the drop-down list. There are also drop down selections for Character Format Override and Table Format Override as well. I've had mixed luck with the remove override option that is automatically selected in the replace selection for all these, but it does find all the overrides so you can fix them. If your goal is only to catalog them, this is of little help if there are many overrides.  Maybe someone has already suggested this.