Finding overrides in Framemaker files

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 23 08:00:37 PST 2013

At 12:48 -0800 22/1/13, Combs, Richard wrote:

>In addition to Stuart's suggestion, I can recommend Silicon Prarie's very reasonable Paragraph Tools and Character Tools plugins for this and many other tasks (siliconprairiesoftware.com).

I know it's bad form to post 'me too' messages, but I'm going to anyway. In my view these plugins are *essential*, and only cost as much as a couple of drinks in a bar. They will save you hours of work.

And all the rest. I've got a template here that has a zillion xref formats, named using three different languages (don't ask: it wasn't me). One click in the cross-reference tools menu and every unused one is gone.

If only houses behaved the same way: click a button and all the rubbish vanishes. I'd pay a lot for that.

--
Steve