Can't import Object styles

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Wed Jan 23 11:38:12 PST 2013

Framemaker 11.0.1.382 I'm experimenting with the new Object Styles
feature. I've determined that I can create a new object style but I
can't import it into other files as I can do with paragraph and
character styles via File->Import->Formats. Object Styles isn't a
listed option, despite what Adobe says on their Help page at
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/using/WS92ce23f8a8bab2f36a80c197137323b2fd7-7ffc.html

Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone know how to do this other
than recreating the style manually in every file?

And speaking of File->Import->Formats, in Frame 9, by default all
formats were selected and you could click the Deselect All button. In
Frame 11, even though all formats are selected by default, the
available button is Select All (although it does seem dependent on
what had been selected when the window was previously used). The only
way to deselect all is to click the button twice. Can anyone else
reproduce this behavior?

Does anyone know how to dock the Object Designer alongside the
Paragraph Design and Character Designer pod/panels? It doesn't seem
to be dockable.

Carol

Carol J. Elkins---A Written Word LLC
Making Information Understandable