Unavailable Fonts error

Thu Jan 24 12:17:56 PST 2013

I wrote:

> Oops, sorry. I misremembered some information from many years ago. You're
> right, it's custom that's used when you create new blank paper documents in FM
> (shellnew.fm is used when you create a new FM doc outside of FM; don't ask me
> why).

Eating lunch seems to have slightly revived my memory -- enough to recall why I was confused. In the [Files] section of maker.ini, there's this entry:

CustomDoc=fminit\custom

You can change that to use some other file as the blank paper template -- such as shellnew.fm, if you don't see any point in using different templates for creating new docs inside and outside FM. :-)

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom