mif2go questions and requests

Richard Man richard at imagecraft.com
Sat Jan 26 18:43:12 PST 2013

Hi, I just moved our doc/help from FM7/Webworks to FM11 and I need a Help
file solution. Since ePbulisher (evolved from webworks) is $$$ and doesn't
open the old project files, I am now looking at alternatives and mif2go
looks good.

I installed and the demo and found a couple issues. I am using the OmniHelp
output format. I have "MIF wash" all the files.

- I have a piece text with mailto: hypertext marker, e.g.

   This is some text support at imagecraft.com more text here.

support at imagecraft.com has the hypertext marker "mailto:
support at imagecraft.com". It looks good on Frame, on the ODF out put and
also with Webworks. However, mif2go somehow generated the ahref from the
beginning of the text, something like

    <ahref ...mailto:support at imagecraft.com This is some text...

rather than just the email address, so the whole line is underlined and
become part of the hyperlink.

- Under FM11, Find->Unresolved Cross Reference does not show any issues,
but after mif2go, some hyperlinks are definitely not working, although some
are.

****************
I am assuming that these and others are likely pilot errors. Since I am
really a programmer and not a tech writer, if anyone can help to get me up
and running, I'd appreciate it. I am quite technical competent (I write C
compilers for a living) so I don't expect it will take more than an hour,
and probably less. Just let me know your rate.

Our doc is fairly straight forward, a couple FM11 books sharing some
chapters, and the chapters contain conditional text. If you send me an
email, I will send you description of our set up and what I need to get
done.

Thanks

--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>