Special character: punctuation space

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 12:13:05 PDT 2013

Hi Pat,

I don't think there's a keyboard shortcut that will do that, or at least
none I've ever found,  and I've been creating a quick reference for myself
lately on all the keyboard shortcuts I want to use, so I've looked at this
a bit.

I think the only way to insert a Unicode character like that is to use the
Character Palette. I've never been able to type those high Unicode
characters in with the number keypad; as far as I can tell, it only lets
you input ASCII codes, not Unicode. You'll also need a font that supports
full Unicode, such as Arial Unicode MS.

Why not just use the variable, if it works? Or write an ExtendScript
that'll insert the character without the variable? I've never used
ExtendScript, so I'm not sure how that would be done; however, there are
lots of people on this list who could probably help with that.

Lin

--
Lin Sims