DITA/docbook vs your own schema

John Sgammato john.sgammato at actifio.com
Mon Jul 8 15:03:38 PDT 2013

This article by Bernard Aschwanden on subsetting DITA may help:
http://www.stc-siliconvalley.org/newsletter/2006_05/articles/aschwanden-subsetting-dita.htm

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 3:06 AM, rebecca officer <
rebecca.officer at alliedtelesis.co.nz> wrote:

>  Does anyone know of a nice, clear list of what you save by using
> DITA/docbook instead of developing your own schema?
>
> The content maps reasonably well to DITA, but not perfectly. I'm trying to
> figure out whether we're better off working within the limitations of DITA,
> or whether we should take the DIY approach. A clear list of what you save
> by using DITA would be really helpful.
>
> Many thanks!
> Rebecca
>

> NOTICE: This message contains privileged and confidential
> information intended only for the use of the addressee
> named above. If you are not the intended recipient of
> this message you are hereby notified that you must not
> disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it.
> If you have received this message in error please
> notify Allied Telesis Labs Ltd immediately.
> Any views expressed in this message are those of the
> individual sender, except where the sender has the
> authority to issue and specifically states them to
> be the views of Allied Telesis Labs.

> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/john.sgammato%40actifio.com

*John Sgammato  *

Documentation Architect

*e* john.sgammato at actifio.com

*w* +1-(508) 927-2083

    *Recover anything instantly for up to 90% less than you're paying now.*