FM11 license under parallels and bootcamp

Simon BUCH simon.buch at m-ais.com
Wed Jul 10 02:22:33 PDT 2013

Hoi Wim,

Isn't it ironic that Adobe has a product that can create military
standard documents, but have such a dreadful software activation system,
it means that the software can't easily be used on a military or closed
IP network. I understand the need for software licensing and activation,
but it would have been so much easier if Adobe provided an automated
telephone system.

Adobe force their FrameMaker users to activate their product - which
means that you must have an active internet connection at least once
within 30 days of the first launch of the serialized product. The
software tries [silently] to connect to the Internet for the first seven
days after the first launch of the product for activation.  If the
software has not activated within the first seven days, you will receive
a reminder for the next 23 days on every launch that the machine must
connect to the Internet and activate the software.  As soon as the
software detects an Internet connection, it will silently activate the
product.

Here are some of the Adobe technical information notes about the activation:
http://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/faq.html#bodycontent1-faq_5b17-55_1288829090882
     http://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/systemreqs.html

I read the Adobe Forum thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/827071
which lead me to contact Adobe Technical support via email:
tcssup at adobe.com ; where I indicated the nature of the problem.  I then
received a telephone call from their support operation where I repeated
the same information, and after a while, the support agent indicated
that Adobe *can* supply a special licensing [hack!] tool which removes
the requirement for activation.

I recommend contacting Adobe to get them to supply this special
licensing tool, but to action this, Adobe require you to provide the
precise license key and software order number to be able to create the
tool - customised for your installation, which you then need to download
via the Adobe Software licensing portal.  It took a few days to get this
done.

Good luck!

Regards
// Simon BUCH -- M-AIS