Can't enter alpha character in text

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 19 11:53:14 PDT 2013

Where did you get that 097 code point?  Decimal 097 (hex 0061) is actually the code point for a Latin lower-case "a", and perhaps the instruction you cite assumed that you would format the character as Symbol font, which maps the Greek alphabet to the corresponding Latin alphabet code points and yields an alpha glyph in place of a Latin "a" glyph.

But if you're using a Unicode font that supports the appropriate codepage, you should be able to use the code point for the proper Greek character, which is hex 03B1 (u+03B1). There are several ways to insert this character:
You can use the Character palette (File > Utilities > Character Palette)
You can use the File > Utilities > Hex Input commandYou can type it directly using the hex keypad mode described in the list last weekYou can copy the character from the Windows Character Map tool and paste it into the FrameMaker document.

-Fred Ridder