Can't enter alpha character in text

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 12:22:53 PDT 2013

Hi Nancy,

If you look closely at the table, you'll see that the alpha symbol appears
in the Symbol font column. In other words, Adobe/Frame is advising that you
enter ANSI 097 (for "a") and apply the Symbol font. So you understood just
fine, you just missed the last step. At the end of the week, that's
understandable!

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 3:12 PM, Nancy Allison <maker at verizon.net> wrote:

>  Hi. I got the information from
>

> http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CD0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fhelp.adobe.com%2Fen_US%2FFrameMaker%2F9.0%2FCharacterSets%2Fcharacter_sets.pdf&ei=GY_pUZeXE8n8rQHv94GIAw&usg=AFQjCNEADIHLoVklxZjm2FE3eoYSJiivNA&sig2=eqrSkmCmmAGN9qHV8eEcMg&bvm=bv.49478099,d.aWM
>
> Sorry the URL is so long. It's the Character Set book for FrameMaker 9. I
> hoped it would work for FM 10, too.
>
> Obviously, I need to update my understanding of FM 10 and character sets.
>
> Thanks, everyone. I am saving your responses for reference the next time
> the special-character struggle comes up. Which it will.
>

> On 07/19/13, Fred Ridder<docudoc at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Where did you get that 097 code point?

> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/ljsims.ml%40gmail.com