Can't enter alpha character in text

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Fri Jul 19 13:12:48 PDT 2013

Hmmm … do you have the symbol font installed? The symptom you describe is what generally what I see happen when a font is not available to FM … it just displays the base character (‘a’ in this case).

Because, I just tested it in FM and it worked fine for me!

Of course, if you are using Unicode fonts, then it is better to use the Unicode value for the alpha character rather than an ‘a’ in the symbol font. I based my response (i.e., using 097) from your original question. J