Unwanted hairlines around graphics in pdfs created by FM11

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Mon Jul 22 15:11:55 PDT 2013

In my experience, this has happened for one of the following reasons:

1. The JPEG has the line in there as a row (or few) of single-color pixels that are different from the rest of the image - this requires fixing in an image editing program to remove.

2. The FM instance of that image has outline on the frame - perhaps in a white color?

The first has proven to be the most common reason for me. My fix is to use the "Trim" option available in most graphics programs. The only thing to be concerned about is that editing a JPG, making changes, and then saving it back as a JPG will cause some image quality loss if you are not careful.

However, some additional questions for you too:

1. Is your background white or is it some other color? Meaning, does the thin white line matter (or show enough to matter)?

2. What is the original resolution of the JPG? Is it being shrunk or expanded when it is placed in the FM file? And is the aspect ratio of the image kept unchanged when it is shrunk or expanded?

3. Is the thin line showing around all four sides of the image when PDF'ed? Or just one side (e.g., only below the image perhaps)?

If you want to send a page (or two) from the FM file original and the resulting PDF output to look at, please feel free to send it along (not to the entire list though!).