Unwanted hairlines around graphics in pdfs created by FM11 (some progress)

Robert CH Shell rshell at iafrica.com
Tue Jul 23 15:37:21 PDT 2013

Dear Framers:
Thank you for the helpful and varied responses hints and tips.
I think I speak for the nameless and numberless people who live in terror
trying to earn a living with FM.
This list is above all soothing and helpful.
I am working through every item.
Matt wrote:
Robert, have you tried the Save as PDF route, with the Adobe PDF print
driver selected?
Same result? YUP same result
-Matt
Craig wrote:
Subject: RE: Unwanted hairlines around graphics in pdfs created by FM11
Just for troubleshooting: You don't see them in FM even if you set the
magnification to 4800% ?
Craig
Dear Craig: have learnt how to magnify to that level. No sign of the lines.
I believe an electron microscope won't find anything.
The jpgs are not the problem. All were clipped properly in Photoshop.
All the same jpgs worked fine in several prior pdf editions.
The lines sometimes go right around the graphic more often one or two sides
only.
Select one of the .jpg graphics and check to  make sure its border is
set to None (in graphics tools).
Select the frame that contains the .jpg, and make sure its border is set
to None.
Any change in the PDF?
Set to none OK.
Select one of the .jpg graphics and check to  make sure its border is
set to None (in graphics tools).
Select the frame that contains the .jpg, and make sure its border is set
to None.
Any change in the PDF? None

A new conclusion late at night...
I had a brainwave and used the same pdf using the Acrobat Reader.
Hey presto no lines.
The problem must reside in the settings of Acrobat XI 11.0.3
Any hints.
I have already "repaired" same result lines

Ergo, FM 11 is not to blame.

Rob Shell
PC
8 Gbyte