TCS subscription model: Illustrator version, and can you go back to buying TCS outright as an upgrade later?

Peter Hirons peter at galley.ie
Tue Jul 30 05:24:19 PDT 2013

I think the only way to get a definitive answer is to ask Adobe.

I suspect that by the time we get to TCS6 the only way will be with a
subscription model.  As long as the annual fee is not more than we're
used to paying for our regular upgrades (depending on how often you
upgrade of course) then we'll be no worse off.

My problam as a freelancer is that I might not need to use any of the
TCS components for 2 or 3 years, but if I don't keep up the subscription
I'm left with dead products.

I've just upgraded to TCS4 so can probably avoid the problem for a
while ...
---

Peter