TCS subscription model: Illustrator version, and can you go back to buying TCS outright as an upgrade later?

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Tue Jul 30 07:10:19 PDT 2013

?  They get more $ by forcing all users to upgrade with each new release whether they want to or not, so barring the CS subscription-only model causing mass migration to other products (sadly, not likely), TCS will go the same path.

I suspect that you are correct that mass migration to other products is unlikely, but based on e-mail I have received in response to my posts, a few of us are indeed moving to non-Adobe products. This will probably not have any real impact to Adobe though - they do not care about small quantity (hence, small revenue) users anymore.