A Pantone colour definition question

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 30 06:28:28 PDT 2013

I think you are overthinking this. You'll notice that if you choose Pantone
Uncoated that the suffix is CVU.  Take them at their word. Computer video is
never coated or uncoated. I'm not even sure how they would do that.

Craig

From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Davis, David

....snipped...

So, if I go to View > Colour > Definitions, then Colour Definitions, I can
chose "PANTONR Coated" from the list.
However, the dialog this brings up is offering colours with a "CVC" suffix.
The interweb appears to suggest this means "Computer Video"?  Is that not
something different? I am confused! Why doesn't it just say "C" for the
suffix?