TCS subscription model: Illustrator version, and can you go back to buying TCS outright as an upgrade later?

Shmuel Wolfson shmuelw1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 07:50:27 PDT 2013

I'm not sure if I agree with you about Adobe not having a captive
audience with FrameMaker. As far as an editor that is relatively easy to
use and that has nice single-sourcing features (conditional text and
sharing files between books), I don't know of anything that is
comparable to Unstructured FrameMaker.

If they switch to subscription only, I may try to switch to Help &
Manual, which is supposedly easy to use. But I don't think it will be as
easy to create PDFs with Help & Manual since it's topic based and
probably not as WYSIWYG as Frame.

Regards,
Shmuel Wolfson
Technical Writer