BookMifWash

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Mon Jun 3 16:05:30 PDT 2013

Stuart Rogers wrote:
On 2013-May-29 10:21 AM, Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain at aeris.net<mailto:Syed.Hosain at aeris.net>) wrote:
> > Thanks for the info!
> >
> > As a side comment, the documentation seems to be incorrect to me. I hope it does _not_ do what I think it says it does:
> >
> > The client will then open the files in book one by one, saving them as MIFs and also saving them back to fm file format at the
> > same time.

> Any documentation that includes a statement like, "To let the FrameMaker product know about this client," is obviously not written by a tech writer...  I'm sure the plug-in does not do exactly what the author has written!

Yeah, probably! ☺

As a final note though, let me share a quote:

“When the code and the comments disagree, both are probably wrong.” — Norm Schryer

from my C Style Guide document (that we use here … it is based on a document from Bell Labs many years ago), because we want our engineers to do good code comments. And the definition of “good” is clearly defined too!