The Problem with Long Titles in Generated Lists

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 4 05:21:34 PDT 2013

But note that this approach has an unwanted (and probably unacceptable) side effect if your generated list uses leader dots. The problem is that the em-spaces produce a really noticeable gap between the end of the title string and the start of the leader dots.

The approach that Jerilynne proposed yesterday works well (although only one extra tab is needed in the reference page prototype paragraph rather than the "at least 3" that Jerilynne mentions) and has no nasty side effect. It has worked beautifully for me for years.

-Fred Ridder