Why won't FrameMaker use the default attribute I set in the EDD?

Heather Thomas hthomas at avbasesystems.com
Tue Jun 11 13:15:36 PDT 2013

Thank you very much, Scott! I appreciate your feedback. When I was looking for an image properties dialog, I came across the Anchored Frame dialog and you're right, it does set the alignment attribute too.

I will report the bug to Adobe because I'd prefer to not have to set that for each image!

Heather

Scott Prentice <sp10 at leximation.com> , 6/11/2013 3:34 PM:
                   Hi Heather...

       I believe that FM's default DITA support doesn't respond to       editing the image attributes directly (might work with some of       them). Select the anchored frame and choose Special > Anchored       Frame, then select the desired alignment. This will set the frame       alignment and *should* set the alignment attribute as well. There       are a number of other properties/attributes that work this way as       well. In general, it's set up to use the "GUI" property setting       options rather than setting things via attributes.

       You should be able set the default value in the EDD and the r/w       rules, and it should honor that when inserting the image. If it       doesn't, that's definitely a bug.

       BTW .. DITA-FMx does these things properly.  :o

       Cheers,

       ...scott