FrameMaker to Confluence via WebWorks

Mary Jo Dockman mdockman at tmghealth.com
Tue Jun 18 10:52:58 PDT 2013

Has anyone taken FrameMaker source files and used WebWorks ePublisher to import the content to a Confluence wiki?   If so, besides the initial set up of stationary and page formats, is the process fairly effortless?   If you make changes in the source FrameMaker files, and go through WebWorks ePublisher to Confluence again, do you need to clean-up the wiki each time?  Currently, I'm using FM 11 for the source user guide files and we have Confluence 5.1.2.

I tried to convert the FM files to RTF and then import them to Confluence, but there's a lot of clean up and the numbered steps turn into bullets. It's not worth the pain.  I also have the Tech Comm Suite 4, so I do have RoboHelp and am going to try converting the FM files to a Word printout via RoboHelp and then importing the Word document into Confluence.

Just trying to find the cleanest and least painful avenue for getting FM source files into Confluence, since we'll be maintaining the source files in FM for each release.

Thanks for any help or feedback,
Mary Jo