Changed Section and Subsection Numbers

Harvey Rosenfeld HROSENFE at ansi.org
Tue Jun 25 13:39:15 PDT 2013

Framers: I need your help. In a multi-section book, my section and subsection numbers in section 2 reverted from 2, 2.1, 2.2, etc. to 1, 1.1, 1.2, etc. I don't know why this happened; I didn't (knowingly) do anything to this chapter. This section did read 2, 2.1, 2.2 this morning. I went into Format - Document - Numbering and tried to fix the Chapter, Section, and Sub-section tabs in Numbering Properties, but nothing is working. Section 2's numbering remains 1, 1.1, 1.2. Luckily, this glitch has not affected the section and subsection numbers in any of the other chapters in this book. I could use some step-by-step instructions on how to get the section numbers to convert back to 2, 2.1, 2.2.

Thanks in advance.