Chunking FM files into Topics for RH

Alexandra Duffy ADuffy at vectorworks.net
Fri Mar 1 13:04:56 PST 2013

Hi Nancy,
Here's how we do this - we have two heading styles for all our major headings. Level 1 starts a new page in RH, and Level1nopage looks exactly the same but does not have the Pagination option selected in the RH mapping. Similarly, we have Level2 and Level2nopage, and so on. Our Level 4 doesn't need to start a new page in RH, so we don't have dual styles for it.
This sounds complicated, but it's really easy. You just go through your FM files and apply the "nopage" equivalent to the sections that shouldn't start a new page.
I hope this helps!

Alexandra Duffy
Lead Technical Writer
Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc.