why is FM's UI so weird and buggy?

quills at airmail.net quills at airmail.net
Fri Mar 1 20:19:03 PST 2013

You have to understand that even what UI experience they had with the
Mac they threw away when they orphaned the Mac OS on FrameMaker. It's
been solid windows since Version 8. They took the Microsoft design
philosophy to heart and are busy fixing things that aren't broken.
Including the UI.

The interface on all the other products, even those that support the Mac
OS are slavishly devoted to Microsoft design efforts.

Scott