Chunking FM files into Topics for RH

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Sun Mar 3 09:11:29 PST 2013

There is a discussion of how to use markers in Framemaker to control
page breaks in RoboHelp at
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS9F91508B-AC18-4b72-8FFB-B639F73F4741.html

As with most things, there are many ways to achieve the desired
outcome. Often combinations of ways work well. I haven't used the
markers solution yet, but it seems to me to be a better and easier
approach than trying to maintain many different paragraph styles in
Framemaker. One marker, such as PageBreak, applied to the FM files
everywhere you want RH to break a page would seem to me to be easier
to apply than changing paragraph tags. I try to keep my paragraph
catalog as slim as possible. Just my thoughts.

Carol