Distiller changes page sizes at will

rebecca officer rebecca.officer at alliedtelesis.co.nz
Tue Mar 5 13:31:39 PST 2013

Hi Tom

Have you tried importing the page settings from chapter 9 into chapters 2-8?

Cheers
Rebecca

>>> Thomas Scalise <Thomas.Scalise at CrossMatch.com> 6/03/13 08:08 >>>

Esteemed colleagues,

I am running FrameMaker 10 and Adobe Distiller 11 on WIN 7 Professional. I have a simple manual with a Title Page, a TOC, and 11 chapters. The manual is in A4 size. I have created, and use, Distiller job options for the A4 page size.

When I make a PDF ( using  Save as PDF), the Title page, the TOC, and Chapters 1, 9 10, and 11 all format correctly. Chapters 2-8, however, format with the top of the page trimmed off (the page size reverts to 8.5 X 11). The same thing happens if I Print the manual to a postscript file and run the Distiller against that file.

I should say that using the same Distiller settings against another A4 manual, the results are completely correct. No shorter pages in the PDF.

Has anyone faced this problem? I have not seen it before, and I have made PDFs from many A4 size manuals. It looks as though starting with Chapter 2 the page size is changed in the Distiller to 8.5 X 11 and then changed back to A4 starting with Chapter 9. Is there something that I have inadvertently done in those chapters that is causing this Distiller behavior? To my knowledge I have done nothing different in FrameMaker than I have done before in creating a manual (nothing I am aware of, at any rate).

I came here rather than going to the Adobe forums, which are byzantine in access and glacial in pace. Thanks is advance for any help you can give.

Tom

Tom Scalise
Manager, Technical Documentation

Cross Match Technologies, Inc.
3950 RCA Boulevard, Suite 5001
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
U.S.A.
T   +1 561 622 5416
F   +1 561 622 9938
thomas.scalise at crossmatch.com

This e-mail message from Cross Match Technologies, Inc. is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail by accident, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail and all copies of it.   ­­
notify Allied Telesis Labs Ltd immediately.
be the views of Allied Telesis Labs.