Strange Happenings with Reference Pages

Karen Robbins karendesign at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 12:25:03 PDT 2013

Hi Framers,

I went into an older template file and wanted to try mapping some master
pages, so I opened the reference pages. There is only one in this file--the
footnote/lines reference page. What's even more odd is that many of the
examples (Footnote and Hairline to name a couple) had at least 10 copies
each of the example line! All sitting on exactly on top of one another.
Also, some of the labels/headings for those line styles appear to be
doubled-up, slightly offset so they look like I'm seeing double or they
have a drop shadow (significantly offset). I don't think this is a screen
rendering thing; it really seems to be very obviously a double layer of
text on these labels. Any idea what gives? Is this just corruption with
age, or would someone had to have deliberately messed with it?

And since there doesn't appear to be a reference pages mapping table, is it
reasonable to copy the master pages from my old template file into a new
document (that does have all the default reference pages and thus includes
the UnstructMasterPageMaps table)?

Thanks,
Karen