5. Frame 11 catastrophe, framers Digest, Vol 89, Issue 10

Mon Mar 11 14:49:56 PDT 2013

Mike Wickham wrote:

> > This example demonstrates that Frame needs to use a standard format. I
> suggest EPUB...
>
> EPUB? Yeesh. I do books for print. The typography in EPUB is horrible. There's
> no letterpacing in justified text. You get big, fat word spaces instead-- and
> rivers of white. EPUB is just plain ugly.

The only thing the "Frame 11 catastrophe" example demonstrated was that some people believed to be "Frame 11 experts" don't have the slightest clue. And the only thing the "standard format" response demonstrated is that some people are too enamored with whatever acronyms are the flavor of the day. :-)

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom