FrameMaker-specific preflight problem

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 12 10:13:01 PDT 2013

At 09:39 -0700 12/3/13, Matt Sullivan wrote:

>Where were the drop shadows created?

As you sort of hinted, remove the drop shadow and the problem goes away. But why? As the illustrations preflight ok on their own, why is the drop shadow apparently causing FrameMaker to create this artifact?

I seem to remember Dov writing her some time ago that FrameMaker just passes .ps straight through. However, in this case all the art files are PDFs, but that's just for my convenience. Could that be an issue?

I don't have time to try alternative files formats *with* the drop shadow right now, but I could try .ai and .eps, I suppose.

--
Steve