RoboHelp 10: Single Sourcing: Single Folder?

Bill Swallow techcommdood at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 12:05:09 PDT 2013

You can also use an xml file as a map file. Use a marker in your
headings that contains a string. Developer can pass a url call to the
single xml file with the marker string to access the help topic. So
long as you maintain the target location in the xml file, all should
be well and good. I implemented this years ago for a product that was
pretty much done with little time to recode formal help calls.

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Robert Lauriston <robert at lauriston.com> wrote:
> Agreed.
>
> I can also vouch for URL help calls being more difficult when there
> are multiple folders.
>
> Another reason I'm migrating to WebWorks is that you can do map ID
> calls with a simple URL, no code required in the application beyond
> what's generated by WW.
>
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 7:16 AM, Jeff Coatsworth
> <jeff.coatsworth at jonassoftware.com> wrote:
>> Sounds like they should use the Map ID method of CSH instead of the URL call
>> – that would make their life oh so much better ;>)

Bill Swallow
Writing and Content Strategy Consultant
http://www.linkedin.com/in/techcommdood