FrameMaker-specific preflight problem: update

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 13 15:53:24 PDT 2013

At 15:29 -0700 13/3/13, Dov Isaacs wrote:

> If this happened with the current FrameMaker release and you are able to (1) repeat the problem and (2) share the files with Adobe, I would advise you to report this as a serious bug.

Thanks Dov. No... I'm on ancient versions here, Acrobat Pro 6 and FrameMaker 7 for Mac, just waiting for Apple to produce a new Mac Pro before I give Adobe loadsa' dosh. I've already bought a FrameMaker cross-grade, just don't have a machine to run it on yet.

David Creamer's explanation makes a lot of sense, and it could quite easily be the reason that I had a pre-press nightmare with drop shadows on a previous book.

--
Steve