Straight-through numbering in FM book

Reng, Dr. Winfried wreng at tycoint.com
Thu Mar 14 01:09:19 PDT 2013

Hi Nancy,

I do not use the <$chapnum>variable as it could happen that
several chapters are in the same FrameMaker file. However,
numbering with separate counters and numbering series isn't
difficult.
My numbering settings are:

heading1: H:<n+>< =0>< =0>\t
heading2: H:<n>.<n+>< =0>\t
heading3: H:<n>.<n>.<n+>\t
instructiontitle: I:< =0>
instruction1: I:<n=1>\t (not needed, if you guarantee that all authors use instructiontitle ...)
instruction: I:<n+>\t
tabletitle: T:Table <n+>:
figuretitle: F:Fig. <n+>< =0>:
figuretitlelabel: F:< ><n+>\st-\t (for the paragraphs in the figure title which explain the numbered labels)

If you want that your tables and figures use the first counter of the
heading numbering, then they must be in the same series and the
heading numbering must have three additional counters (if you do not
need numbered labels in your figure title, then only two). These are
reset to 0 with heading1:
heading1: H:<n+>< =0>< =0>< =0>< =0>< =0>\t
heading2: H:<n>.<n+>< =0>< >< >< >\t
heading3: H:<n>.<n>.<n+>< >< >< >\t
tabletitle: H:Table <n+>< =0>< =0><n+>< >< >:
figuretitle: H:Fig. <n+>< =0>< =0>< ><n+>< =0>:

Don't forget to update the book after you changed
the numbering.

And I also think that you have a character format defined
in your autonumbering string. A hyperlink starts from a
change in the character format to the end of this character
format. I do not know whether <hyperlink> should mean
that this text appears or only the area where the hyperlink
is active.

Best regards

Winfried

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.