is there a way to show Index markers inline in the text

Frank Stearns franks at fsatools.com
Fri Mar 15 10:41:27 PDT 2013

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013, Fred Wersan wrote:

> Gillian says:
>
> Index Tools Professional by Silicon Prairie will let you do that.
>

> Index Tools Pro actually bunches them at the top of each paragraph (unless
> they've changed things since I bought it some years ago). If you are handy
> with Framescript you can implement this feature yourself and keep the markers
> and index text in the paragraphs.

Never saw my earlier reply get through, but IXgen too has a function
to elevate marker text in-line with the body text for editing and
translation. (For the most powerful marker content editing we
recommend using the "Editable Marker List" feature of IXgen.)

Marker text embedded in the body text is differentiated by the
application of a character tag recognized by IXgen (you can modify the
tag attributes to suite your visual need when editing markers
in-line).

One thing IXgen can do in this realm that other systems might not
allow is creation of new marker text while editing body text. Text
that you create in line then tag with that character tag recognized by
IXgen will create new markers where none existed before.

Hope that helps,

Frank Stearns Associates | makers of IXgen(tm) for FrameMaker(r)
*** IXGEN 7-10 for FRAMEMAKER 10/11 IS HERE! ***
franks at fsatools.com <mailto:franks at fsatools.com>
TOLL FREE Voice (USA and Canada):  800-567-6421
USA Voice: 360-892-3970  http://www.fsatools.com