a complex Find & Replace?

John Sgammato john.sgammato at actifio.com
Thu Mar 14 15:28:21 PDT 2013

I need to conditionalize (best) or delete (acceptable) a complex snippet of
text that occurs 140 times in a book:

RESTful Example
POST actifio/api/*
SSH Example

* = 140 different strings
like task/failover?id=4111&host=myhost&diskpool=mainpool

These must become either simply Example,
or much better would be to conditionalize everything except the second
Example.

Conditionalizing is better because I must show these 140 different examples
in our next release, but not in this one, so if I delete them then I will
have to add them back later. If necessary I will leave this until all other
edits are finished and save the doc, then delete them and publish it. Then
I will pick up from the  undeleted version. But I much prefer to hide the
content and leave open the option for other last-minute edits.

Do you know if FM11 unstructured can Find and Replace with a condition?
I have FrameScript but I have neither the time nor the skill to write a
script and test it (I have to check this in on Sunday night.)

Deleting won't be the end of the world, but I'd love it if someone out
there has a rabbit in a hat...
--

*John Sgammato  *

Documentation Architect

*e* john.sgammato at actifio.com

*w* +1-(508) 927-2083

    *Recover anything instantly for up to 90% less than you're paying now.*