Manually inserted xref markers don't work as expected

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 18 12:16:52 PDT 2013

It seems that cross-reference marker text has to be unique.

Here's what I'm doing:

. In one document, manually inserting several xref markers, using the same marker text each time.

. Cross-referencing them from another document as page refs.

All works as expected (i.e. the page refs show the expected page numbers) until I update the xrefs, at which point all the page refs default to the first page that contains any of the xref markers, i.e. to the first match of the marker text.

Looks like FrameMaker searches it's xref marker list unit the first one is found. Set them to use different text: it worked.

I suppose this is consistent with the way in which FrameMaker handles other marker types.

Just proves that you learn something every day - if you aren't careful.

--
Steve [Trim e-mails: use less disk, use less power, use less planet]