Need to get my FM11 styles under control

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Wed Mar 20 02:38:55 PDT 2013

>Paragraph Tools is good value for money. You should also use Character
Tools for those pesky unused character styles and formats.

>Alan

Although I am happy to recommend other tools, I should point out that my
script ($80 and requires FrameScript) handles a lot of format types at once.
Here are the instructions from the script:

/*
This script changes cross-references, paragraphs, tables, user
variables, characters, etc. from one format to another.
You can optionally delete the old format from the document's catalog.

The script requires a batch file containing four columns.
Column 1 lists the type of format to find:
  X for cross-reference
  P for paragraph
  T for table
  V for variable
  C for character format
  CO for condition format
  MP for master page
  M for marker type
  CL for color

Column 2 lists the format to find, column 3 lists the format to change to,
and column 4 contains a Y if you want to delete the old format from the
document's catalog. If the format in column 3 does not exist in the
document,
the find format will be renamed to the change format.

The enclosed FindChangeFormatBatch.fm can be used as a batch file.

To simply delete a format from the catalog, put its format type in column
one, its name in column 2, and a Y in column 4. Leave column 3 blank.

Format names are case-sensitive.

The script can be run on a single document, book, or folder (and
subfolders).
The results of the script are recorded in a log which is saved in the same
folder as the book, document, or folder. It will have the same name as the
book or document, but with a .log extension. If you run it on a folder,
the log will be in that folder and be called FindChangeFormatsBatch.log.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-283-5045
rick at frameexpert.com