Need to get my FM11 styles under control

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Wed Mar 20 08:46:31 PDT 2013

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the recommendation. FWIW, duplicating this script in ExtendScript
would be a large undertaking. The FrameScript version is over 1700 lines and
has gone through quite a few iterations over the years. Just think about
what it takes to find/change a character format. You not only have to look
for occurrences in text, but also in autonumber formats, variable formats,
and cross-reference formats. Colors are complicated as well because they
show up in many different places in a document.

It is such a useful script that I will probably end up duplicating it in
ExtendScript one of these days. But if someone wanted it tomorrow, it would
certainly be more expensive than the FrameScript version! Thanks again.

Rick

I'm a very satisfied customer of both Silicon Prairie and Rick, and happy to
recommend both. But John said that he's "in a super-locked down environment
and to install anything takes an act of god." Unless I'm misunderstanding
his statement, that rules out any plugins (including FrameScript, thus
ruling out FS scripts).

John, since you have FM 11, I think your only non-manual alternative is
ExtendScript. I suspect Rick could whip up an ExtendScript script that suits
your needs for a reasonable fee -- assuming you can at least install a
script (non-executable) in your environment.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom