Need to get my FM11 styles under control

Harro de Jong Harro.deJong at triviewgroup.com
Wed Mar 20 01:21:13 PDT 2013

John Posada wrote:

> Hi, guys...As I created my template from scratch, I have a number of P styles that
> I've used, then stopped using. I therefore have a bunch of styles that I need to clean
> out...from about 500 files. I maintain a control document with only the valid styles
> and when I need to change or modify a style, I do it in this document to test it's
> impact, then import to all other docs in book. What this won't do is remove styles
> from all the files that aren't in the control document.

As others said, Silicon Prairie's Paragraph Tools works well for this. In addition, I'd create a new temporary book and add all the Frame files to it that you want to convert. This way you only have to set up and run the conversion once.

Paragraph Tools installation is by dropping a .dll file into fminit\Plugins. No installer to run.

Harro de Jong
Triview