Paragraph Formats Alternate Reality

Lise Bible rentagoodbook at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 07:51:58 PDT 2013

Nancy,
I'm on Frame 8, and I'm not sure this is the solution to your problem, but
my company decided to standardize on Arial instead of the existing TNR, so
I've had to change fonts in my manuals.
I found that if I changed the font in the paragraph style, nothing changed,
but if I changed the default font in the character style, it would change.
(I opened Character Designer, clicked somewhere in the margin (to make sure
no text was selected), then changed the "Family" to Arial, making sure
everything else was set to As Is, then pressed "Update All")

Now, this is because ALL text in my documents needed to change to Arial. If
you only need one paragraph style to change, this might not work for you.

Thanks,
Lise

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Nancy Allison <maker at verizon.net> wrote:

> I'm using FM 10 on a Windows 7 system.
>
> I am trying to change the body text of a document from TimesNewRoman to
> Arial.
>
> I have tried two methods:
>
> 1. Selected another file with the correct formats and used Import. I have
> done this at least 10,000 times in the past 20 years. It does not work.
> Nothing changes.
>
> 2. Saved the file to .mif, opened it in Notepad, replaced TimesNewRoman
> with Arial, reopened in FrameMaker. Have done this not as many times, but
> many. Nothing changes.
>
> I've doublechecked directories and timestamps. All the files are coming
> from the correct locations.
>
> What the heck is going on? What am I missing???
>
> Thanks!

> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/rentagoodbook%40gmail.com

*Save the earth.* It's the only planet with chocolate.