Where on Adobe is the info/link to renew my maintenance contract for FrameMaker?

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Fri Mar 22 10:28:31 PDT 2013

> You can still buy an upgrade to FrameMaker 11 on adobe.com. Maybe they'll discontinue that in favor of TCS for the next release?

> I'm not sure I've had any reason to call support about FM10, so the lack of support isn't an issue.

Hi, Robert.

I already have FrameMaker version 11. Actually, I was not looking for support per se ... I was just anticipating being ready with the Update Plan (at a lower cost than a single version update) in place to get version 12 when it comes out.

TCS is gross overkill for what I use FrameMaker for, so not likely to get approval for it - and I am not about to pay for that myself!

Anyway, as of yesterday, I am now exploring making all my work be hyperlinked Wiki documents instead - they are mostly large User Manuals, API documentation and stuff, so switching away from PDF from FrameMaker documents to a Wiki may work ... any recommendations along these lines? My current docs have some graphics, lots of text, with plenty of hyperlinks (generally internal cross-references). Essentially B/W, with some color use in headings, etc.

If I find something workable for creating Wiki versions of my documents relatively cleanly, and if Adobe cannot get their version upgrade pricing rational and correct (the cost of upgrading to 9, 10 and 11 was unacceptably high ... for a point tool), then version 11 is where I will permanently stop and never upgrade again.

And that will be a "too bad" moment. Having used FM since version 3 on a Sun 3/50 ... it may just be time to move on. :(