global master page changes

Mon Mar 25 14:31:24 PDT 2013

Matt Sullivan wrote:

> Perhaps the most elegant way to use the variables method is to save the
> definitions as a MIF fragment and eliminate any chance of mucking anything
> else in your files.
>
> I refer to "Using MIF Fragments to Update Catalog Settings" on p. 581 of my
> book whenever I need to do this.

Aw, you're just showing off. ;-)

This is never an issue for me. For any given book, all variables have the same definition. I modify variable definitions only in the title page file, from which I import them to all the other files in the book.

Except on the rare occasions that I'm doing major template updates, the first thing I do in the Import Formats dialog box is click Deselect All. So long as I don't go berserk and abandon that long-standing process, mucking up anything else just isn't an issue for me.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom