Formatting - setting font size to a percentage rather than a point size

Steve Whalley WhalleyS at kssfuels.com
Wed Mar 27 08:19:01 PDT 2013

Hi All,

We're starting to use TCS3.5 to create help builds (using RoboHelp 9) from FrameMaker(10) files. To enable Web scaling of size (which is good for: the visually impaired, smartphones and tablets) we'd like to set the font sizes to percentages (for example, 100% =Body, Heading2 =120%, Heading1=140%). However, I can't see/find out how to do this. The Paragraph and Character Designers only seem to allow you to set point sizes. The FrameMaker help mentions the 'Font Pod', but I couldn't see/understand how this might be used. Any thoughts or suggestions would be very welcome.

Many thanks - Steve

Steve Whalley
Technical Author
KSS Fuels

The information contained within this e-mail (and any attachment) sent by KSS Fuels is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the named recipient or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail immediately. Unauthorised access, use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted and may be unlawful. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the originator and do not necessarily represent those of KSS Fuels.

Although KSS Fuels has made every reasonable effort to ensure that this message and any attachments contain no viruses and have not been intercepted or amended, it can not make any assurances to this effect.

Knowledge Support Systems Limited, trading as KSS Fuels, Registered in England & Wales under Company No. 2800886
Registered Office: St. James's Buildings, 79 Oxford Street, Manchester, M1 6SS, United Kingdom.